Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Be Open to Stumbling into Mysticism!


My Own Mystic Experience -
 Personally, I am not called to proselytize, but I have had a personal experience that I would call "mystical". First I want to say that I did not take any drugs or drink alcohol, just so you know my mind was perhaps tired, but not under the influence of anything. I was praying saying to God that whatever the "God of Good" was, I was on that side, if there were sides to take. (I was thinking of acting for God in some capacity, not knowing what that might be.) 

A flash of light appeared before me as I turned to go to bed. The room was dark. The light was about four feet long and vertical, shaped like a sword, made of pure white glowing light. It hovered as it brightened the dark bedroom and then faded after about a minute. I just stood and stared, kind of shocked, not knowing what to do. Then the room was dark again, and I waited a while just standing there. Sure that it was not a trick played by my eyes,  laying in bed afterward, I wondered what it meant. As I was falling asleep, I felt awash with such great love throughout my whole being. It was like nothing I had ever felt before and I believe I will never feel again (unless I have another prayer-response event like that, or maybe after I pass on). My thought was that it was so amazingly wonderful that it was too much to bare! But in the best way possible... it was full-force, honest, pure, accepting loving loving loving without question... absorbing... unearthly in it's completeness... 

Was this a "mystical experience"? I would say "yes"! Did this experience change my life?  Absolutely. I was in that "in between place" where the mystical experience of the metaphysical world can connect to the physical world. 

Looking back, I remember feeling open to an answer from God and receptive to it. However, I was not expecting something so dramatic. I was thinking that God would give me wisdom when I was challenged in the future or something like that. Instead, what I experienced  was something that moved me in a significant manner.  (Perhaps some people might debate that I "made it up in my head". I will not argue with them. For me it was real, and it happened to me, whether I made it up in my brain or a "mystic" event happened.) 

The importance of my own personal mystical experience is that it moved me inside. It changed me somehow. It had a lasting effect on me. It did happen, and even though it was a surreal, inspiring experience, I am not seeking to recreate it, even though I am grateful to have experienced it. It completed me somehow.

"Heaven" is that feeling... of knowing you are loved in some miraculous way, with a love powerful and mighty beyond the imagination of any living human being. It is true for each and every one of us... every moment of every day! This is what I know now, not so much by faith, but by personal experience. A pretty cool gift this mysticism! See? You can just stumble into it without even trying! Requirement? Be open to the possibility!




No comments:

Post a Comment